God has given you everything you need for life and godliness.
“The Kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12)
Are you living beneath the calling of God on your life? Do you feel frustrated that there is more for you to accomplish but you seem to be capped or trapped?
You are doing all the right things; Tithing consistently, serving others diligently, honouring the word of God in your lifestyle, but you’re still living just below your potential.
Why, you ponder, is the abundant life that Jesus Christ has promised to those who believe in him, yet to be your daily reality? What else can you do? What else must you do to break loose of this bondage?
“We have been given authority in the Courts of Heaven to undo and dissolve everything the devil would use to devour our success and futures,” Robert Henderson writes in “Unlocking Destinies from the Courts of Heaven”.
The authority Henderson speaks of is what 2 Peter 1:3 underscores when it says, “His [Christ’s] divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”
According to this scripture, we have the key to unlock our full freedom. The key is our knowledge of Jesus Christ. But unless we use the key, we won’t gain full access to experience the liberty in which Christ has set us free (Galatians 5:1).
Jesus taught in John 10:10 (NLT) “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.”
Jesus’ finished work of the cross has legally redeemed us from every stronghold the enemy legally held over us. However, we must enforce our redemption and freedom.
In practical application, this means that as believers in Jesus Christ, we need to use our knowledge of God — i.e. the word of God, the name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus, the cross of Jesus, the fire of God along with prayers and supplications in the Spirit to enforce our freedom.
Take the verdict of God that “whom the Son set’s free is free indeed” (Joh 8:26) and enforce it on the enemy who seeks to steal, kill and destroy your divine destiny. Affirm and enforce the terms of your freedom:
- I am bought by the blood of Jesus Christ. I am therefore no longer a slave to sin, but unto righteousness (Romans 16:15-23).
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper and every tongue that rise up against me in judgement is condemned. (Isaiah 54:17)
- I have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- I am not governed by the spirit of fear. My God has given me the spirit of love, power and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I am not capped. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)
- I am not perishing. I will live and declare the works of the Lord. (Psalm 118:17)
- I am prosperous and I am in health even as my soul prospers. (3 John 1:2)
- I am more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:37)
- Goodness and mercy surrounds me all the days of my life. (Psalm 23:6)
- I am blessed to be a blessing. The work of my hands is blessed, the fruit of my womb is blessed. (Deuteronomy 28:1-12)
What promises has God made to you? Psalm 139:16 says “Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” God has a perfect plan for you established in heaven. It is a good plan, to prosper you and not to harm you (Jeremiah 29:11). Believe the word of the Lord, enforce it and affirm daily, “thy will be done on earth in my life as it is in heaven.” Amen!
Tune in to CHAYIL Conversations with Pat Francis on Facebook Live, Tuesdays at 7pm EST for powerful and interactive discussions that feature real stories of solutions and hope. #ChayilConversations
About CHAYIL GLORY
CHAYIL glory is the all-powerful, great glory of God manifested in and through his believers in the earth. The CHAYIL GLORY blog is published every Monday with insights to understand and apply God’s perspective to everyday life.