You are royalty—distinct and set apart.
Since the wedding of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in May 2018, the world has witnessed the transformation of the Hollywood actress from ‘commoner” to royalty – distinct and set apart.
Her hemlines became longer, social media accounts deleted and her inner circle of friends and family tightened, as she took her place as a member of the powerful and influential British Royal family.
Likewise, as Christians, God has called us to be consecrated and set apart for His higher purpose. 1 Peter 2:9 says we are a “chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation” called to proclaim God’s excellence.
Yes, we have the gift of holiness, made in the image of God to serve Him and rule on earth. That’s worship, wisdom, power, honor, favor, wealth and influence. In one word – CHAYIL, the all-powerful great glory of God.
Holiness is our dignity, and it makes us distinct. To be holy means we have chosen to conduct our lives according to God’s Word, in keeping with our royal priesthood. “Just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: ‘Be holy, because I am holy’,” (1 Peter 1:14-16).
Not surprisingly, the devil has tried to rob us of our dignity, working overtime to defile the word holy and have it take on a negative meaning. No-one is perfect and we all make mistakes. However, we should always remember that in Christ there’s no condemnation.
So, let’s embrace our holiness and commit to the following five Rs:
- Re-think: See holiness for what it is. A gift from the “Great I AM” to outshine all darkness. (Revelations 1:8)
- Re-imagine earth: Visualize earth as God intended. A paradise with everything on earth as it is in heaven. (Genesis 1:26)
- Re-position: Confess your sins, change your position and allow no-one to control you. God is faithful. (1 John 1:9)
- Re-design: Re-arrange your life and dedicate it to God’s ownership (Leviticus 11:44). Your model is Jesus.
- Re-awaken: Let the glory within you rise up. It’s the only way to awaken your full potential. Christ in you is the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)
You have the overcoming power and love of Jesus Christ. You’re holy.
Tune in to CHAYIL Conversations with Pat Francis on Facebook Live, Tuesdays at 7pm EST for powerful and interactive discussions that feature real stories of solutions and hope. #ChayilConversations
About CHAYIL GLORY
CHAYIL glory is the all-powerful, great glory of God manifested in and through his believers in the earth. The CHAYIL GLORY blog is published every Monday with insights to understand and apply God’s perspective to everyday life.